British American Tobacco Jobs: Manager Procurement
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
Manager - Procurement - Jakarta
- Job Number: 4565
- To deliver procurement support to commercial business at the cluster level, ensuring the delivery of both their service requirements and those of procurement, and to drive the delivery of the cluster targets
- To undertake sourcing activities for a number of categories that are managed at cluster and end market level and to facilitate implementation of above market projects
- To be responsible for managing the Sourcing Managers of the entities within the Cluster
- To manage the customer relationship and all aspects of procurement related customer service for the appointed cluster
- To understand customer / cluster requirements including their business goals, targets, initiatives, directions and supplier performance requirements for the end markets within the cluster
- To manage the customer relationship for those categories being managed at cluster level, shaping demand and compliance where appropriate.
- To deliver end market contracts in conjunction with Legal and to ensure all contracts are agreed with the relevant business owner
- To deliver the savings targets and Procurement KPIs agreed with the FD of the cluster and with Lead PBM, within the cluster from local and cluster initiatives
- To ensure successful implementation of the above market projects within the cluster
- To collate all relevant end market business units procurement requirements, providing the necessary information to ensure robust planning, budget and target setting within all entities in the cluster
- To drive a professional and high performing sourcing team within the cluster, enabling appropriate training and development to ensure the skills and knowledge to deliver the business goals
- To maintain strong relationships with the business functions in the cluster entities and to own the relationship with the local top teams within the cluster
- To challenge demand and requirements and manage customer expectations to ensure compliance and drive continuous improvement.
- To communicate appropriate supply chain and procurement messages regarding strategies, process and policies to customers, to ensure compliance and engender a common understanding of each other’s goals and targets.
- To ensure that stakeholders are aware of the full service offering from Procurement.
- To ensure best use of resources within the Cluster’s procurement organization and to maximize service delivery
- To be responsible for developing & managing resource plans for the entities within the cluster
- To be responsible for managing effectively the department’s expenditure and headcount within the agreed budgets in the cluster.
- To ensure leverage of indirect procurement expertise and knowledge within Cluster as well as with Lead Market
- To identity above-market opportunities and implement above-market sourcing projects within the cluster
- To be responsible for implementing global and geographic category strategies and sourcing plans at cluster / end market level.
- To ensure the business units within the cluster are compliant with procurement policy and actively manage any compliance issues.
- To ensure a consistent approach using the agreed global policies, standards and platforms in all day to day tasks.
- To mitigate BAT’s exposure to service delivery and commercial risk through ensuring the delivery of robust end-markets contracts (commercial elements) and the management of the business relationship.
- To identify the correct route for the resolution of contractual performance issues and manages their resolution.
- To build strong business relationships with end market customers and top teams. To know who their key customer stakeholders are and to ensure an appropriate plan and approach is in place for each business unit / function.
- To manage any conflicting requirements between customer and procurement at cluster level escalating any issues as appropriate
- To determine the scope, scale and impact of any new products or services required by the customer
- To communicate these requirements to the relevant Category Manager and Global / Reg Sourcing Manager where appropriate or to amend end market strategies and contracts as required to meet the customer needs
- To communicate to the customer any new and innovative developments highlighted through Procurement stakeholders and relay any feedback on the use or development of these new products or services back to procurement for further action
Skills / Requirements
- Good influencing and facilitation skills to act as the interface between end market business units and procurement balancing the optimum delivery of customer requirements with the need to adhere to a global approach
- Understand the impact of cultural differences
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- High level of leadership skills and team management skills. Able to inspire and motivate a team which is geographically dispersed Focused on delivering business value
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant business discipline
- Fluency in English
- Professional know ledge of procurement principles and approach , gained through a 3-5 years of operational experience
- Good experience in managing professional staff
- Experienced in the sourcing process including negotiation and contracts placement
- Understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Experience in managing projects, especially to execute category and sourcing strategies
- Sound knowledge of corporate regulations and local legislation to ensure the creation of effective commercial contracts.
- Knowledge of the procurement processes, platforms and policies
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.