British Embassy Jobs: Programme Officer
The British Embassy in Jakarta is part of a world-wide network of 230 Diplomatic Posts, representing British political, economic, commercial and consular interests overseas. The Department for International Trade (formerly-UK Trade and Investment) is the British Government’s world-leading trade and investment promotion organisation. Our role is to help UK businesses succeed in overseas markets and attract high quality investment to the UK.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Programme Officer A2 - Jakarta
Main Purpose of Job
The British Embassy Jakarta is great place to work and develop expertise in an international and friendly environment. The embassy is preparing to deliver a major programme to support expansion of Renewable Energy in Indonesia in support of the Indonesian Government’s target to deliver 23% of power from Renewable Energy by 2025. It is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to help shape and deliver a brand new programme from start to finish and learn new skills as well as apply existing expertise.
The Renewable Energy and Programmes Team at the British Embassy Jakarta is looking for a suitably qualified and professional Programme Officer. The incumbent will: 1) Support The Renewable Energy and Programme Team in the design, implementation and monitoring of multi-year Renewable Energy Programme to ; 2) Act as secretariat for the Embassy’s Programme Management Board, which monitors all programmes and projects the embassy delivers; and 3) Provide administrative support to the Team Leader and wider team.
Roles and Responsibilities
Renewable Energy Programme Support
- Financial management of the programme and projects - raising requisitions, processing invoices and checking financial reports.
- Supporting development of Renewable Energy Programme documentation to source and engage implementers.
- Ensuring timely delivery by implementers, including meeting quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting deadlines.
Programme Management Board Secretariat
- Preparing and circulating Programme Board Meeting papers.
- Maintaining and updating the Embassy’s Programme Monitoring Dashboard
- Collaborating with Embassy policy leads to update project data.
General Programme Team Support
- Conducting ad-hoc research on various issues, especially renewable energy and regulatory reform.
- Organising activities, visits and meetings related to programme project delivery and monitoring; participating in events as required, representing the Embassy externally.
- Managing the Programme Team database and document inventory.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- At least a University degree in a relevant subject, such as Business Administration, Project Management, or any Social Science field.
- At least two years experience in project administration, ideally with an international organisation.
- Experience and expertise in Renewable Energy policy, project delivery.
- Excellent administration, organisational and IT skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work confidently with financial data.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Indonesian; ability to draft a wide range of correspondence.
- Flexibility and resilience under pressure, with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard under tight time scales.
- Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work with people of different levels and backgrounds.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Words, Excel and Outlook etc.)
- Willingness to travel
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- An interest in, and ambition to, develop broader expertise in Renewable Energy field.
- Basic understanding of accounting and cost benefit analysis.
Starting monthly salary (IDR): 7,875,849
Application deadline: 27 September 2017
Those who are interested please apply to link below.